25 January 2012

Men's Zip Up Cardigans

It's a chilly, but beautiful sunny day today here in Japan!
But unfortunately curtains remain closed, because our apartment is under repair to fix cracks in the outside wall. It got damaged a lot by the repeated earthquakes.
More than 8 months have passed after the big earthquake, but it's still continuing.
We feel quakes a few times a week. I wish it will cease soon...

***

Now here are 2 zip up cardigans for my husband and my father!


for my father (size S)
This brown one is for my father. I got this knit fabric 100yen/m at ZAKZAK in Nippori. It is smooth and expansive velours.  Cheap, but nice fabric!

for my husband (size LL)


This time I used the piping foot for the first time! I got excited to find it so quick & convenient!

This book contains many simple and versatile patterns for men; T shirt, cardigan, jacket, pants and more. And same as the previous post, these patterns also include seam allowances.I really love this authors pattern books : )

pattern : 『ロックミシン・メンズークライ・ムキのLaLaLa4』
      (Overlock Sewing for Men  LaLaLa4  by Muki Kurai)
      ISBN 9784529045834

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Tae, I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing earthquakes. I hope they stop soon!
Your cardigans look very smart!
:)

taeco said...

Hi Sharon,

Thank you, your words are really warm for me as always!

Anonymous said...

Hola, hemos agregado un trackback (enlace hacia este artículo) en el nuestro ya que nos pareció muy interesante la información detallada pero no quisimos copiarla, sino que nuestros lectores vengan directamente a la fuente. Gracias... datacrédito